Zoljargal Dashnyam (Zola )is a lawyer with business background. She has over 18 years of experience in the law practice. Started off as an in-house counsel at the largest commercial bank in Mongolia, Zoljargal moved to the private practice after 7 years of busy yet fruitful career at the bank. During her time at the bank, Zoljargal was a key team member in the various projects and transactions the bank has undertaken, ranging from privatization of a largest state owned bank in the history of Mongolia, commencing a Visa card issuance and operation first time in the country to syndicated financing activities with foreign reputable financial institutions and the international offering of the first private bond out of Mongolia. She has also gained considerable experience in litigation as well as corporate and labor tax law matters.
Zoljargal has joined the Firm (then named GTS Advocates LLP) as Partner in 2007 and started working for mainly foreign clients. She is now the leading expert on finance and capital markets in Mongolia with impressive track records of deals and transactions she was involved in. She has extensive experience in corporate law, energy and minerals, and private equity. Zoljargal’s portfolio includes clients such as investment banks, energy companies, multinationals, oil & gas as well as mining companies, investment funds etc. She leads and is actively involved in the transactions the firm has advised on over the years accumulating unparalleled experience and expertise in matters of Mongolian law.
Zoljargal is also active in the public activities and currently a member of the Governing Board of the Mongolian Bar Association.
Zoljargal speaks Mongolian, English, and Russian.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in International Law, School of Law of the National University of Mongolia
- Master in Business Administration (MBA) in Finance, Oklahoma City University, USA
- Master of Laws (LL.M.) Harvard Law School, USA.
Member of the Mongolian Bar Association and admitted to pravtice law in Mongolia.
- Directors Liability: A Worldwide Review – Introduction: General Principles Of Mongolian Corporate Law
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to : Private Equity 2017 /3rd Edition/ : Chapter 20
- The international comparative legal guide to: Mining Law 2019 /6th edition/: Chapter 18
Experience and Expertise
Banking and Finance;
Litigation & Arbitration.
- Euromoney training program on Advanced Loan Documentation in Hong Kong (2004)
- Euromoney training program on Syndicated Loan Documentation in Hong Kong 2004)
- Internship at International Court of Arbitration at International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, France (2006)
- Special Program on International Tax at Kennedy College of Law in Zurich, Switzerland (2008)
- Special program for external legal counsels of European Bank for Reconstruction and Development in London, United Kingdom (2011)
- Workshop for external legal counsels by International Finance Corporation in Hong Kong (2013)
- Euromoney training program on Public Private Partnership in Hong Kong, S.A.R of People’s Republic of China (2014)
- Joint Workshop for external legal counsels by Multinational Development Banks (ADB and IFC) in Manila, Philippines (2016)
- Joint Workshop for external legal counsels by Multinational Development Banks (ADB, IFC, IIB) in Manila, Philippines (2019)
Awards and Recognition
Chambers and Partners
The Legal 500