Solongo Battulga, Counsel at the firm, is a lawyer who has over ten years of experience in advicing on Mongolian law. She has been involved in a wide range of projects in the mining, energy, securities market and real estate. Solongo has unparalleled experience in general corporate matters.
She leads and is actively involved in pro-bono legal advice for public health, child protection and development NGOs.
Solongo joined the firm as a Paralegal in 2012 and was promoted several times.
She speaks Mongolian and English.
Education and Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts (BA), University of Internal Affairs, Mongolia
Member of the Mongolian Bar Association and admitted to practice law in Mongolia.
Member of Association of Mongolian Advocates.
Authorized by the Financial Regulatory Commision to provide legal advice to participants in the securities market in Mongolia.
Publications and Contributions
- Doing Business Reports 2013 – 2019 by World Bank Group – Protecting Minority Shareholders in Mongolia;
- Doing Business Report 2016 by World Bank Group – Enforcing Contracts – Questionnaire – Mongolia; and
- Women, Business and Law 2023 report by World Bank Group – Laws on labor and employment in Mongolia.
Experience and Expertise
- Business entity formation, business negotiations and business contract drafting training by the National Legal Institute of Mongolia and the LEX Academia in Mongolia (2012)
- Euromoney training program on Contract Drafting and Negotiating Masterclass in Hong Kong (2013)
- Euromoney training program on Advanced Contract Law in Hong Kong (2013)
- “IPO, International Arbitration, Shareholders’ Agreement and Sale and Purchase Agreement” training and workshop by Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP in Mongolia (2014)
- “International Arbitration, Dispute Resolution and Cross-Border Transactions” training and workshop by Allen & Overy LLP in Mongolia (2014)
- Qualification training on practicing the Securities Market Law in Mongolia by the Financial Regulatory Committee and the Mongolian Bar Association in Mongolia (2022)
- Qualification program for trainers to train human rights defenders by the National Human Rights Commission of Mongolia, Mongolian Bar Association and Institute for Human Rights and Progressive Policy NGO in Mongolia (2022)